Monday, November 10, 2008

The Forgotten Beauty of Fall..

Aren't the colors of fall just awesome? I think all the orange, browns and red colors feel so warm and cozy. Over the years I've taken for granted the amazing beauty that the turning trees and falling leaves offer.
Recently my aunt was in town from Houston and she said she just wanted to go driving around to see the trees and colors. She also made a comment about hearing the wind. Hearing the wind? I've never stopped and thought about hearing the wind blowing through the trees. Once I stopped and listened it's is a beautiful and relaxing sound. If you stop and close your eyes and listen to the rustle of the trees it almost sounds like waves in the ocean. (Now that's something I can relate to, I LOVE the ocean!) My aunt lives in the city so she doesn't get hear that sound of the trees rustling. It made me thankful for our changing of seasons. We do get to experience a beautiful season of fall here.
Over the weekend our good friend Danea took some really fun and cute fall photos of our family at the the park. (I will be posting them soon) And we also had time to take the kids to the park and feed the ducks. Feeding the ducks is always a special treat the kids love!
So take time and enjoy the colors or close your eyes and listen to the wind. Unfortunately it will all pass too soon and winter will set in. (You won't find me saying as many nice things about the winter. I do not like cold weather!) Yeah for the beauty of fall!!!

No comments: