Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!! Gratitude is my attitude.....

Look at these boys!! How sweet is this?

Drew and Seth are only 14 months apart and already best buds!!

Our little Pilgrims had their Thanksgiving Feast and performance at school today. This is Ella's 3rd year so she is an old pro! Drew had a case of stage fright and didn't do as well, but he sure looked cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This weekend at church Pastor Ron spoke about having gratitude in all that we do. Even when we are frustrated and anxious we should find gratitude and thankfullness. Sometimes that is very hard to do. He even recommended starting a journal and keeping track of what we are thankful for. I also get daily devotional emails and this morning I got the exact same message in my email. It was basically saying the exact same thing and quoting statistics from the exact same survey that Pastor Ron used. How crazy?? It's seems that God is really speaking to me to be more grateful and less complaining. We started the journal last night with the whole family. Ella was thankful for horses (crazy since we don't have horses and are never around horses), Drew is thankful for The Wiggles (which is now playing 24/7 in our house), Riley was thankful for her new digital camera that she just bought off of Ebay. It's pretty easy to find gratitude in these things. But I think the big challenge will be in finding gratitude in the hard times and during times of frustration.
This morning I took Seth for his 6 month check up and he had to get his vaccines. Of course for any parent this is a terrible thing to have to experience. But in the moment I thanked God for allowing us to have access to vaccines. There are millions of children throughout the world that do not have access to these life saving vaccines. So even though it is absolutely horrible to hear your baby scream and look at you like 'why are you letting this happen to me'? I am very grateful at the same time. This was my first lesson this week in finding gratitude in a stressful time. Ron said a great quote this weekend "Gratitude is the attitude that allows you to see all of life as a gift" Wow, I love it!

No comments: