Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's Not Ok With Me!

I just finished reading one of the best book I've ever read (and I tend to read alot). It was given to me by a friend and it's called 'It's Not Ok With Me" by Janine Maxwell her website is http://www.heartforafrica.org/. It has completely changed by life. Her story is an amazing story of sacrifice and love! She gave everything up to love and care for suffering Africans. Her organization, Heart For Africa is doing amazing things in Africa. If you like a good challenge or if you feel God leading you to get out of your comfort zone or even if you have been down or depressed you MUST read this book!

I am almost at a lost for words to describe how I've felt over the last few days. The smallest things like giving my 20 month old a bath has forever changed in my mind. The thought that these children have never had a bath in their life, they have no food and eat from garbage, they are basically left to die. I can't even think of the words to write, you just need to read for yourself..

I've added a video clip at the top of the blog about one of the orphanges that Heart For Africa supports. It's just 3 minutes long and it's a story of a 2 year old left under a tree to die. Amazingly this little girl was rescued and now is being loved and cared for in one of the orphanages.

Check out: http://www.itsnotokwithme.com/

No comments: