Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Kinda Crazy Around Here!

It's like Jon and Kate plus Eight trying to get all the kids to look and smile at the same time. I think Seth was trying rip Great Grandpa's glasses off (yikes).
Great grandma and Seth
Drew LOVED great grandpa playing the mandolin! He wanted to play too.

It's been one of those weeks aroung the Ferguson house. When we got back from Atlanta it seemed like life started spinning around us. I could hardly keep my head up to breath.

We visted Jeremy's grandparents yesterday. They are really neat people. They are like 90 something years old and still living on the farm on their own. It's actually pretty amazing they have been married 70 years, how crazy is that? They have a real simple lifestyle. When we left there I told Jeremy that I think I would like to live on a farm in the middle of Illinois with no cable TV or air conditioning. He didn't even respond to me (shocker). Then I realized I was having a temporary moment of insanity, because I like having neighbors and cable and especially air conditioning. I think more I was just longing for the 'simple' part of their lifestyle. How do I get that? Is it possible with 4 kids and a job and school and commitment after commitment to have a 'simple' lifestyle?

On another note, Drew is going through a major bad phase of screaming, hitting, biting, scratching, you name it he's doing it. I've had so many different opinions on how to handle it I don't know what to do. Most of the time I'm so exhausted from dealing with everything else going on I just ignore it (which I know is not the right thing to do). Any suggestions out there?

Some good news, last week my good friend Chantelle found out they have a baby girl waiting for them in Ethiopia. They got their referral last Thursday and I am sooo happy for them. She is about a month or two old and just perfect. Please be praying for her safety and health. She has already had a rough start to her little life but we know she is a lucky lucky little girl and will be home soon!!

2 comments:

sewindham said...

Wish we could have been there! Looks like a fun day:) Good luck with Drew-he's just trying to hold his own! Love you guys!!

Berg & Fries said...

1. i heard you are leading a trip to Swaziland which is totally the bonmb diggity.

2. i also heard that you are now working for Heart For Africa. which is so great! i'm super excited for you :)

3. God is totally working on your family right now. And when He works like that evil works in little ways. For instance, Drew...of course he's not evil hah but his behavior can be hard to deal with. Take it a day at a time, enforce some rules and trust that because the power og God is workingso much in your family right now, that it ain't no thang... it'll be over shortly :)