Monday, February 2, 2009

Way to go CJHS Cheerleaders!

Well we made it through the weekend in Nashville, the kids were all great and the girls did awesome. Saturday morning Riley had a lot of preperations getting ready. First it was off to make-up, then off to get her hair done, and then glitter! Wow, did they use some glitter, it was head to toe. And of course, Ella was tagging right along, I had to fix her hair the same as the girls, they even put make-up on her and of course she got sprayed head to toe with glitter also.

Somewhere in the middle of the afternoon about 15 minutes before they performed something over took my body and I turned into the psycho crazy cheer mom. Right before your squad performs they allow the parents to come down onto the floor and sit right in front of where the girls perform. Well, I was determined to get front row dead center (and I did!). So it got a little crazy, I could feel myself getting a little 'nutty', but I REALLY wanted to get a good seat. I was pushing Drew in the stroller and was prepared to use it if needed!

Once I got seated (front row dead center) I could see Riley peeking through behind the stage. Then I really lost it, I just started crying like crazy. I had all of these emotions going on, first off I was really nervous for them because they have practiced for months and many hours for the next 2 minutes. And secondly I couldn't believe she was this old and she looked so grown up and I just couldn't take it. Jeremy didn't sit by me (for obvious reasons) but I saw him look over at me like 'oh crap now she is crying'. I didn't want Riley to see me so I put the poster I was given in front of my face it said 'Work It'! ha ha!

Then the girls came out and did amazing! It was the best I had ever seen them do. There were probably over 30 parents and family that came. We were all in orange and black and screaming and yelling. Some parents had cow bells and air horns. It was awesome!! I could barely talk I screamed so loud. They ended up winning the Spirit Award beating out over 30 squads. In their division they placed 11th, some were really bummed about it (the other squads had a lot of tumbling). But they did amazing and the best that they could and were were thrilled. Riley was lovin life, she was so happy and was ready to do it again! The spirit award is the best! Thats what cheerleading is all about, spirit!

No comments: