Monday, January 26, 2009

A little bit about Ella!

Her hair was jet black and stood up straight all over!
Nothing has changed over the years.. she's always been a daddy's girl!
Do you ever wonder how kids get it and we, the adults, don't? We've always said Ella has a direct connection with God. Sometimes more than we can even imagine. She will say some of the most amazing things, most of the time Jeremy and I are left speechless. Ella has big role in this world, we don't know what it is or what it will be or where she will end up, but we know God has big plans for this little girl!
I just want to share a couple of stories with you.
  • Jeremy and Kenny were talking one night about clothes, I wanted to buy Jeremy an argyle sweater and he was saying he would never wear it. If you know Jeremy his favorite wardrobe is a grey or black t-shirt and jeans. Well Kenny said "I saw Eric Becking wearing an argyle sweater at church, and dude if he wheres one you know its cool!" We didn't even realize Ella was listening and she piped in and said "God sees whats in your heart". Well enough said, what do say to that? Even though I wish Jeremy was a little more diverse in his wardrobe choices, it doesn't matter! God does not care what we wear!
  • When she was about 2 years old she would ride her tricycle around the living room saying "I'm going to make disciples" .
  • Last week Ella, Drew, Seth and I were driving in the van and I could hear Ella mumbling in the backseat. I asked her what she was saying. She said "God is talking to me" I asked her what he was saying she said "He talks to me all time and tells me he loves me."
  • Just this week Jeremy was taking her to school and she wanted Jeremy to play her favorite song. We didn't really know she had a favorite song. She wanted him to play Amazing Grace. Jeremy talked to her about what the song meant and she said "She knows, she sings it to God because she loves him and she will always forgive him". Ella tends to say things backward, but she was meaning she knows he will always forigve her.

These are just a few short stories, I could go on and on. I always tell Jeremy that I know God is talking to us through Ella. She defintely gives us challenging thoughts and makes us wonder how does a 4 year old get it and we don't!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I just loved reading about your little Jesus lovin' girl! So sweet! Paeton came home from preschool one day and they had made a penguin. Then the teacher wrote their answer to the question, If I were a penguin I would. . . (wrote it on the belly of penguin) Paetons said, "I would believe in one GOD and I would slide on my belly." So thoughtful of you to call me last week, would love to get together for lunch again soon. . . bring your calendar so we can set up some gym dates!

Chantelle said...

You are too funny! I love the heart of little Ella...How cool! Can't wait to hear Bianca say stuff like that...Such an individual.
About the Eric Becking guys...Sounds like a looker...I bet his wife is awesome.. ha ha
You guys are great!
Oh, also...about the trip next weekend...Not sure we can pull a U-Haul...Let's talk tomorrow
Cheerio!
Chantelle