Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This one car business is for the birds!

The past 3 weeks I have not had a vehicle that I can call my own! We sold our van on ebay (yep ebay) and I have been driving my husbands "monster truck" around with 4 kids for what feels like a year! Hopefully within a week I will have my new van that we bought off ebay (don't ask!) and life can move again.
I have came to a whole new appreciation of the great blessing of having 2 vehicles. I don't know how people with one car and a family do it? It is crazy, we have to car pool everywhere with a family of 6 piled into a truck. We even drove it 4 hours at Christmas to our families!!
I think it's been a big old piece of humble pie for me (I hate that saying). I didn't want to give up my 'top of the line' van. I had leather, heated seats, sunroof, DVD, sliding doors, everything you could possibly want in a minivan (if you want a minivan). I seriously did not want to give it up! But now I don't care about that anymore. I could care less if it had leather or a sunroof. I just want something with 4 wheels that our family can fit in comfortably that moves!!! ahhhhh!

Ok, I'm done. Sorry this sounds like a big rambling crazy woman fest. I think I need to go to bed!
Love,

No comments: