Friday, January 30, 2009

Today I'm On My Soapbox!

This morning I was on the treadmill at the gym and I think if I could I would have jumped through the tv and smacked around the person they were interviewing. The Florida couple were so distraught that their family pet had disappeared that they had it cloned! Seriously?? First off cloning is WRONG!! God made me and only me, he made me unique and special and he only made one!! Secondly, this couple spent $155,000 on cloning their yellow lab! $155,000!!!
Children in third world countries are starving!! Right now they are straving and dying! 30,000 children will die TODAY from starvation. And this couple blew $155,000 on a freakin' dog!!! How? Why? What are they thinking?? People in the United States are losing their job everyday, struggling to keep their homes and feed their families!! $155,000!!!!
I try not to be judgemental (many times it's very hard) but this story really hit me hard and I'm having a very difficult time swallowing it! Maybe this couple gives to third world charities or maybe they help out people in their neighborhood who have lost their job!
I don't even know how to end this entry, I am still so mad and sad and baffled............

1 comment:

michelle said...

I love your heart! Here is to the Soapbox speech! I had my hair cut yesterday by Danea and she paid you the nicest compliment. She said, "don't you just love that girl, she is someone I admire and try to be like." She was referring to your servant heart, your love for others. . . and she is right.